- What Personal Information do we collect?
The personal information we record will depend on your usage of our site. If you carry out a transaction online or send us an email, we will record information differently from the information we collect if you simply browse our site.
- Joining The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd or purchasing products or services. If you purchase products or services or apply to become a The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd Member, we will need you to provide certain details so that we can establish an account and/or provide you with the product or service. This includes details such as your name and contact information. We need this information to help us process and manage your transaction/s.
- Paying your account online or making enquiries about the status of your account. If you pay your account online, we will need you to provide your account details and credit card details in order to process the payment, unless you pay via our secure online merchant partner – Paypal, in which case The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd does not see or collect any of your bank or credit card details. If you make an online query about your account you will be required to enter your account details, password and contact details so that your inquiry can be serviced.
- General requests. You can use the online forms for a number of other purposes such as to request further information about The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd membership, products and services. In order to process your request, we will need you to provide us with certain personal information. This includes details such as your name and contact information and information about any existing or past relationship you may have had with us. If you send us an email request, we will ask for similar information. We need this information to process your request and to improve the services we provide to you. Whether you are transacting or simply making an inquiry, we may also ask for details about yourself or your company so that we can better provide you with information about the The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd membership, products and/or services you might be interested in. We may also conduct voluntary surveys or request other voluntary information from time to time. These surveys provide us with important information that allows for improvement in the types and quality of products and services offered. These surveys will also allow for the better delivery of those products or services. You will always be advised whether the information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
- Navigation Information
Each time you visit our web site, anonymous navigation information is collected by our servers. This information includes:
* the type of browser and operating system you are using
* the address of the referring site (i.e. the previous site you had visited) and the website you leave our site to visit
* the date and time of your visit
* your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine) and
* the address of the pages you accessed.
- What Happens with Your Personal Information?
The personal information collected from you at this site is or may be used:
* for credit verification purposes
* for billing purposes
* to maintain your Member account
* to notify you about other or new services or promotions from time to time
* to provide Member support
* to provide you with the products, services or information you have requested.Some of these functions may be outsourced to third parties who are only authorized by us to use this information for these specific purposes. The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd may also use its inquiry database, including information provided by you through this web site, to distribute information about other relevant products or services to you. If at any time you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you need only contact our Customer Support Team as per details at the end of this Statement.
In addition, anonymous navigation information may be used for statistical analysis of the site, for marketing purposes and to tailor the content of the site to the needs of our Members. Statistical information is not disclosed in connection with your personal information. Any business contracted by The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd to assist in this analysis will be committed to respect your privacy in identical terms to ours.
- Will personal information be given to anyone else?
Personal information collected at this site will only be disclosed to third parties in accordance with this Privacy Statement and with the terms and conditions of any relevant service. Information collected at this site may be securely disclosed to third parties where functions are being outsourced. The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd may also disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisors where permitted or required by law.
- Access and Correction
Once you have registered as a The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd Member, you may access your Member account details and correct your personal information online or by contacting our Customer Support Team. If you are not a Member, you may still request access to any personal information we may have collected from you through this web site. You can lodge an access request with our Customer Support Team at any time as per the details at the end of this Statement.
- Are personal account details safe when being transmitted?
The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd strives to protect your personal information during its transmission. Member account information provided through this site is held in a secure server environment behind firewalls. Our secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including your name and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. However, no transmission over the Internet or storage of information on servers that are connected to the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely 100% secure.
- Are personal account details stored safely?
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held from such risks as loss or unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data. The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd only permits your details to be accessed by authorized personnel.
- Links to other sites
From time to time The Australian Owner-Builder Network Pty Ltd provides links on its website to other sites. These sites may have different privacy policies from ours and you are advised to check the privacy policies on those sites before providing personal information.
- How to contact us
You can make requests, ask questions or make comments about this Privacy Statement by emailing us at [email protected]
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time particularly when new industry codes are introduced. Any changes to our Privacy Statement will be highlighted in this area when and if introduced.
This Privacy Statement policy was last updated on the 13th of July, 2011.