Do you (or someone you know) do a lot of craft projects? This craft table with pigeon holes will let you keep everything tidy, organised and close at hand.
Having a store-bought/prefab desk as big as this could be expensive for some, especially if it’s custom made to suit a room. But by doing it yourself you could save a lot, like the owners of this craft table who spent only a total of $112.
It’s easy to build and modify to fit your own room as it is basically three shelves connected by the table top frames. And what’s best about it is that it gives ample storage with ease of access to everything! With this craft table you can comfortably work on your crafts while keeping everything organized.
Want to have this table for your own? Here are the details you will need for this project.
Main Desk — 75″ long X 38″ wide X 36-3/4 tall
Side Desk — 50″ long X 26″ wide X 36-3/4 tall
You’ll need these materials:
- 2 sheets – 4’x8′ X 3/4inch Thick MDF (with Melamine top)
- 3 pcs 12′ long 1″x4″ Pine (or your own personal choice of wood)
- 12 Bolts & Nuts (to secure 1″x4″ boards to cubicles)
- 2 pcs -12′ long Trim (your choice for the top edge)
- 3inch Screws (for the pieces of frame)
- 1 quart of White Primer
- 1 quart of white Paint (high gloss)
- 1 tube of Liquid Nails
- 1 tube of Caulk (or Hole Filler)
- Small Finishing Nails (with no head on them)
And these tools:
- Drill & Drill bits
- Philips head for drill
- Tape measure
- Caulk Gun
- Table Saw
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox. You can also view the images as a slideshow if you prefer 😎
Thanks to Little VWS for this great project. You can get step by step instructions here…
If you liked this project, you will also like viewing other furniture ideas…