Few things are as cozy and comfortable like flames crackling in a backyard fire pit. The fire has been bringing people together for thousands of years. To this day, it is the traditional gathering spot for friends and family.
Imagine sipping wine, roasting hot dogs and making s’mores at your fire pit during cool summer nights. The feeling of contentment would be even more special and heartfelt if you built the fire pit yourself.
This simple project will give you a great looking fire pit at a fraction of the cost of a commercially produced one.
Plus you get the satisfaction of making it yourself.
You’ll need these materials:
- Concrete Mix
- Bucket – for mixing Concrete
- 1 larger Bowl – for exterior mold
- 1 smaller Bowl – for interior mold
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Plastic or extra Cloth – work area cover
- 60-80 and 220 Grit Sandpaper
- Gel Fuel Canisters
- Replacement Grill Grate (or customize using Hardware Cloth/Wire Mesh)
- Fire-safe Stones
- Dust Mask
- Safety Goggles
- Work Gloves
And these tools:
- Medium-duty Trowel
- Heavy Objects – to hold down the interior bowl while the concrete dries
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox. You can also view the images as a slideshow if you prefer 😎
Thanks to Man Made DIY for this great project. You can get step by step instructions here…
Here’s a quick video tutorial…